Web development is the coding or programming that Create a website. The process of building any website from start to end is called web development. Web development broadly refers to the tasks associated with developing websites for hosting via intranet or internet. The web development process includes web design, web content development, client-side/server-side scripting, and network security configuration, among other tasks.
A website can be defined as a collection of several webpages that are all related to each other and can be accessed by visiting a homepage, using a browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Google Chrome or Opera.
A web page or webpage is a document commonly written in HyperText, Markup Language (HTML) that is accessible through the Internet or other network using an Internet browser.
Parts of a Web Development
- Frontend Development (client-side)
- Backend Development (server-side)
1). Front end Development:-
Front end development manages everything that users visually see first in their browser or application. Front end developers are responsible for the look and feel of a site. Web Designing
Frontend Languages:- These three languages will do the trick:-
- HTML - the fundamental coding language that creates and organizes web content so it can be displayed by a browser.
- CSS - a language that accompanies HTML, and defines the style of a website’s content, such as layout, colors, fonts, etc.
2). Back End Development:-
Back end development refers to the server side of an application and everything that communicates between the database and the browser.
- C# - C# is a simple, modern, general-purpose, object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft within its .NET initiative led by Anders Hejlsberg.
- PHP:- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor is a popular server-side script language and interpreter. It can be embedded into HTML – when the code is run on the server, HTML is generated which is sent to the user. PHP offers a number of utilitarian features, such as scalability, ease of deployment and simplified coding.
- Java:- Java Enterprise Edition is considered to still hold its ground for large web applications that require reliability, scalability, and stability. Knowledge of Java is required for websites that are high-security (such as for those used in banking and insurance) or generate high traffic.
- Python:- Much like Ruby, Python is a programming language which is widely used for its readability and syntax. It provides ease of use for programming, particularly when employed in tandem with the web development framework Django. It is a portable language, which means that it can be utilized for requirements across platforms.
- Ruby on Rails (RoR):- Ruby on Rails is a web development framework, designed to ease the effort involved in coding through simpler syntax grammar. This Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework employs Ruby as the programming language. It can be implemented on most web servers and is compatible with popular databases.
- SQL – SQL is a universal database query language. SQL is used to interact with databases, which are a part of every backend web application.
- .Net:- It’s a Framework. .NET Framework is a software framework developed by Microsoft that runs primarily on Microsoft Windows.