What is PHP?
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (earlier called, Personal Home Page)
It’s a widely-used open source, general-purpose, interpreted and object-oriented scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. It’s a programming and scripting language to create dynamic interactive websites. PHP codes are simply mixed with HTML codes and can be used in combination with various web frameworks. Its scripts are executed on the server. PHP code is processed by a PHP interpreter.
Benefits of Using PHP:-
1. Easy to Learn: This server side scripting language is extremely easy to learn, as compared to other languages.
2. Free of Cost: PHP is an open source web language, it’s completely free of cost. You need not buy expensive software for it. Your website will be developed in the minimal cost.
3. Efficiency in Performance: PHP can turn out to be an efficient web language to use. In fact, PHP is known to be scalable when writing code as well as in creating applications and is very reliable when you need to serve several web pages.
4. Faster Processing Speed: PHP uses its own memory, so the workload of the server and loading time gets reduced automatically, which results into the faster processing speed.
5. Platform independent: PHP is the platform independent language. Whether it is Windows, Mac OS, Linux or UNIX; it supports all the major web browsers.
6. Secured: It is one of the most secured way of developing websites and web applications.
In terms of market share, there are over 20 million websites and application on the internet developed using PHP scripting language.
The popular sites that use PHP:-