On-Page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages In order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
Here is an On-Page SEO checklist you can use to make sure you are the doing everything possible to be stand with a good position in the search engine.
Placement of Keywords:
- Use the keyword in the title. (use it in first)
- Keyword in the first paragraph or first 100-150 wordsof your article.
- Use the keyword in the permalink.
- Shoot for around a 1.5% keyword density.
- Use LSI keywords in the body (use LSIKeywords or SEOPressor plugin for WordPress to find related keywords).
- Use LSI keyword in body header tags H2 or H3.
- Use the keyword in the image alt tag.
- Make Boldkeyword(s) at least once on your page.
You may like: What is On-Page SEO? - Importance of Factors
Important things to focus on:
- Title tags are should be between 50-60 characters in length.
- Add multimedia (Like video, slides, infographics).
- Create the meta description of less-than 320 characters.
- Make URLs or permalink short and clear.
- Making posts with a minimum of 1000 words.
- Use for post title by H1.
- Remove all stop words from permalink. (stop word can be like- A, And, But, So, On, Or, The, Was, With.)
- Using actions words in your title. (like- Take, Get, Boost, best, guide, fast, review, checklist, Learn, Make, Go)
- Use long tail
- Optimize images are before uploading (compress and images resize by the image compressor if you are in WordPress use ShortPixel Image Optimizer).
- Outbound links are relevant high-quality sites.
- Create internal links to be related articles inside your post.
- If writing the evergreen niche, remove datesfrom the posts.
Other things Add:
- Make sure to add an image for Facebook, Twitter, etc.(Open Graph Meta Tags)
- Add related posts in after each post to decrease bounce rate.
- Make sure to have social sharing buttons on your post.
- At the end of the blog post, ask users to take action.
Things to Avoid:
- Don’t use more than one H1 tag.
- Don’t repeat the same H2 and H3 tag.
- Don’t stuff keywords.